- Interviews – Learn and practice skills for athletic (e.g. NCAA coaches) or job interviews.
- Certification – Guidance given on ways to gain industry certifications. E.g. First Aid/CPR, Communication Skills, Conflict Resolution, Certifications can be obtained to support resume building
- Volunteer opportunities – We have a VAST network of community relationships. With a couple key contacts your athlete can be set up with an opportunity to gain volunteer hours in something meaningful to them! One of our greatest strengths is connecting athletes with other athletes that have forged ahead and have key advice for those following.
- Exit, transition and/or pathway planning – This is ridiculously important!!! Why wait until you are 18 to sort out your academic and athletic path?? Complete the STRONG INTEREST INVENTORY (used by hundreds of NCAA guidance counsellors) to find out your strengths and possible career paths to explore. Step-by-step guidance can be given to support an athlete transition through sport and realize that human happiness is often linked to societal contribution through meaningful employment. Why not choose it, instead of it choosing you AFTER your sport participation is over?
- Reference letters/job search – We have networks of athletes we’ve worked with as well as athletes we’ve played with in many industries in the area! We can help you sort out possible leads and connect you with those in an area you are interested to find out more about how to excel in that industry.
- SI/EI – Social and Emotional Intelligence development seems to be the difference maker in a career. No, intelligence is NOT a predictor of career success or happiness. Complete an EI test and assessment and learn what areas you can improve on to become a highly emotionally intelligent individual ready to contribute more to every environment you are in.
- Respect in Sport Training (Online certification-How should an Athlete behave? To staff, to teammates, to families, to the community? Coaches Association of Ontario Certification an athlete can complete online.
- Communication, verbal and nonverbal – Did you know that body position releases hormones that can aid in sport performance? And job interviews? Learn some improved verbal and nonverbal communication skills.
- Conflict resolution – Conflicts are a part of life in personal and other relationships. Learn some strategies to engage in conflicts in a more appropriate manner.
- Leadership – Do you want to be a leader on your team or in a particular environment you are in? Learn some proven leadership abilities that can help you become a better leader.
- Team culture building – The teams with the most talent do not always succeed or excel. Team culture management is essential! Find out what you can do or your team can do to facilitate the best environment for success.
- Stress management – Stress-management needs to be addressed! Students and young adults today face increasing levels of stress. Learn some strategies to face the inevitable stressors of managing life.
- Mental health support- Athletes have a higher risk of Mental Health Issues. As we are Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) certified we can provide support for your mental health and wellness. We are also able to identify when you need additional support that is beyond our scope.
- Digital Literacy and Social Media Practice for Athletes.
- Appropriate Digital Practices and strategies for career development.